Substation Automation SystemThailand
- Project start: December 2013
- Project completion: Under implementation
- iGrid products involved: iControl – Substation Edition and iRTU
- Number of RTUs/MV substations: three in 2013, 10 (estimated) during 2014
- Number of data points: Up to 2000 I/O points per substation
- Protocols: DNP3.0 and ModbusRTU
Description of the project:
iControl SCADA and iRTU products have been standarized as the SAS (Substation Automation System) for the HV substations of a Thai government enterprise in the utility sector.
iControl and iRTU units are used in this project to control meters and protection relays from different manufacturers (ABB and Siemens) using communication protocols like Modbus and DNP3.0. Data from IEDs (meters and protection relays) is sent to control centers via DNP3.0.
Other requirements of the project include the use of redundancy schemas, serial communications encapsulated in TCP, and the use of line printers.
All projects, go to category: