PROCOME to IEC 61850 serverBolivia
- Project start: October 2015
- iGrid products involved: iGW-S3-W-ST
- Number of RTUs/MV substations: Two HV Substations
- Number of data points: Up to 10.000 I/O points/RTU
- Protocols: Procome and IEC 61850
Description of the project:
The main Bolivian utility, giving service to La Paz city, had deployed multiple Procome protection relay, which now needs to update to the IEC 61850 architecture, which is deploying on its HV substations.
The adopted solution uses a iGW-S3 device, acting as Procome master and IEC 61850 server, to communicate through a RS-485 port with the Procome protection relays deployed on the substation, mapping all their information (including signals, alarms, measures and commands) into IEC 61850 logical devices, which are configuring the IEC 61850 server.
All projects, go to category: