Medium Voltage Distribution Grid AutomationThe new big challenge for grid automation
Advantages of Our Solution
- RTUs and Gateways are able to handle multiple communication protocols to main station/control center (IEC60870‑5–104, IEC60870‑5–101, DNP3.0, Modbus).
- Ability to adapt to different communication media. The iRTU and iGW are available with built-in GPRS or PSTN modems.
- iControl Control Center Edition is prepared to manage the communication and data sent by thousands of RTUs from different vendors.
Once the transmission and HV distribution grids are automated, the next step to improve the grid performances and reduce dramatically the outages, is the medium voltage distribution grid automation, with levels ranging from 33kV to 6kV. But the medium voltage grid automation has represented a big challenge for many utilities, as it is less critical and huge, with thousands of substations, transformers and feeders.
The challenge is to find solutions adapted to more remote places with less prepared facilities (without temperature control and less maintenance), which should use communications networks with heterogeneous medias and lower performances (bandwidth, safety and reliability) compared to the ones used in the high voltage substations.
Medium Voltage Distribution Grid Automation Products
Intelligent, flexible and scalable RTUs (Remote Telecontrol Units) for MV grid automation. They can be equipped with built-in GPRS or PSTN modems, and support standard protocols including IEC61850, IEC60870‑5–104, DNP3.0, Modbus, DLMS, etc.
Click on the schema to get more information on our solutions
iGrid T&D Medium Voltage RTUs are designed thinking in:
- Easy adaptation to different communication media (built-in GPRS or PSTN modems are available)
- Massive, fast, and reliable deployment
- Use of standard communication protocols (IEC60870‑5–101, IEC60870‑5–104, DNP3.0 and Modbus)
- Remote maintenance and upgrading
- Rugged design to endure any environmental condition
- Wide power supply range
While iControl Control Center edition is prepared for:
- Controlling thousands of RTUs, feeders and transformers
- Operating the grid easily and reliably
- Allowing multiple architectures to be adapted to each utility need, from stand-alone systems to redundant schemas with multiple remote clients
More solutions for smart grids, substations and energy plants
iGrid T&D’s SCADA, RTUs, substation gateways, protocol converters and bay controllers support both IEC61850 client and server communication capabilities. When acting as IEC61850 servers, our solutions are able to map any existing IED to IEC61850 logical devices
IEC61850, IEC60870‑5–104 and DNP3.0 (as well as other communication protocols) are used worldwide for substations’ automation. iGrid T&D solutions use all of them to have a completely interoperability with any other vendor
Our smart metering solutions support the most popular metering protocols (IEC60870‑5–102, Modbus and DLMS) and multiple communication media. iGrid T&D is working with the most important meter manufacturers worldwide to collect and deliver metering information to the electrical market
Retrofitting electrical facilities means to use the newest devices together with the oldest ones. For these projects, flexible and adaptable protocol converters are vital devices.
Hydroelectric generation plants require remote control following the electrical systems standards, but a higher degree of automation is requested, as special procedures are requested for actions like dams open/close, generator start/stop, etc. iGrid solutions will give you easy tools to automate small and big hydroelectric generation plants
Basic information about our data protection:
Institution in charge: IGRID SL. Purposes of data processing: Customer contact. Archived data location: Raiola Networks SL (UE). Personal data retain period: Until removal request. Rights: You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition.