Advantages of our solution
- iRTU and iGW devices are able to handle multiple communication protocols to main station/control center (IEC60870-5-104, IEC60870-5-101, DNP3.0, Modbus)
- Ability to adapt to different communication media. iRTU and iGW products are available with built-in GPRS or PSTN modems
- iControl Control Center Edition is prepared to manage the communication and data sent by thousands of RTUs from different vendors
Once the transmission and HV distribution grids are automated, the next step to improve the grid performances and reduce dramatically the outages, is the medium voltage distribution grid automation, with levels ranging from 33kV to 6kV. But the medium voltage grid automation has represented a big challenge for many utilities, as it is less critical and huge, with thousands of substations, transformers and feeders.
The challenge is to find solutions adapted to more remote places with less prepared facilities (without temperature control and less maintenance), which should use communications networks with heterogeneous medias and lower performances (bandwidth, safety and reliability) compared to the ones used in the high voltage substations.
Medium Voltage Distribution Grid Automation Products
Medium Voltage RTUs
Intelligent, flexible and scalable RTUs (Remote Telecontrol Units) for MV grid automation. They can be equipped with built-in GPRS or PSTN modems, and support standard protocols including IEC61850, IEC60870-5-104, DNP3.0, Modbus, DLMS, etc.
iControl SCADA, Control Center Edition
iControl Control Center Edition is able to manage thousands of RTUs from different vendors, and to support multiple architectures in order to adapt to utilities requirements. iControl SCADA is available with advanced functionalities such as server redundancy, automatic line coloring, alarms notification via e-mail and/or sms, SQL logging, and reports generation.
iGrid T&D Medium Voltage RTUs are designed thinking in:
- Easy adaptation to different communication media (built-in GPRS or PSTN modems are available)
- Massive, fast, and reliable deployment
- Use of standard communication protocols (IEC60870-5-101, IEC60870-5-104, DNP3.0 and Modbus)
- Remote maintenance and upgrading
- Rugged design to endure any environmental condition
- Wide power supply range
While iControl Control Center edition is prepared for:
- Controlling thousands of RTUs, feeders and transformers
- Operating the grid easily and reliably
- Allowing multiple architectures to be adapted to each utility need, from stand-alone systems to redundant schemas with multiple remote clients