Substation Automation SCADAThailand
- Project start: April 2013
- Project completion: September 2013
- iGrid products involved: iControl – Substation Edition
- Number of RTUs/MV substations: Up to three per substation
- Number of data points: Up to 2000 I/O points
- Protocols: DNP3.0, IEC60870-5-104, IEC60870-5-103, IEC61850 and ModbusRTU
iControl was chosen as the SCADA system for a substation automation project in Thailand.
This project involved the communication with meters and protection relays from different manufacturers (ABB, SEL, ZIV, Siemens, Alstom) using protocols such as Modbus, IEC60870-5-103 or IEC61850. All the data from the IEDs (meters and protection relays) is reported to IEC60870-5-104 and DNP3.0 control centers.
Other requirements of the project include the use of redundancy schemas, serial communications encapsulated in TCP, and the use of line printers.
All projects, go to category: