Public Lighting Control CenterSpain
- Project start: January 2011
- Project completion: April 2012
- iGrid products involved: iControl SCADA – Lighting Edition
- Number of RTUs/MV substations: Up to 150 RTUs and PLCs
- Number of data points: Up to 2.000 I/O points
- Protocols: IEC60870-5-104 and ModbusTCP
The project involved the integration of existing control centers from different lighting control vendors in just one Control Center, the iControl SCADA Lighting Edition, in order to control up to 150 RTUs connected to nearly 2,000 light points.
The project had two key points:
- Concentrate the information from different vendors and protocols (IEC60870-5-104 and ModbusTCP) in the same SCADA system
- Calculation of hundreds of mathematical formulas to obtain the desired data and improve the energy efficiency
The SCADA system deployed was based on a client/server architecture with two simultaneous operators. It also features the ability to send SMS messages and emails depending on the kind of generated alarms and events in order to alert the maintenance staff.
All projects, go to category: