Pole switchgear controllerSpain / SriLanka
- Project start: April 2016
- iGrid products involved: iGComms (software license)
- Number of RTUs/MV substations: More than 400 MV Substations
- Number of data points: Up to 100 I/O points/RTU
- Protocols: DNP3.0, IEC60870-5-104 and IEC60870-5-101
Description of the project:
SGC195 is the new switchgear controller developed by EDP and iGrid T&D for INAEL, including the iGW core and software, iGComms. Adding all the communication features available on iGrid T&D products, including protocols to control center, like IEC60870-5-104, IEC 60870-5-101 and DNP3.0, or the capacity to connect other IED (meters, protection relays,…).
The SGC195 adds the RTU and protection relay features in a unique device, meaning an important money saving on the whole project.
The first projects using the new SGC195 will be deployed during 2016 in Spain and Sri Lanka.