Medium Voltage Grid Distribution Control CenterSpain
- Project start: September 2011
- Project completion: June 2012
- iGrid products involved: iControl SCADA – Control Center Edition
- Number of RTUs/MV substations: Up to 45 MV substations with 200 points/RTU
- Number of data points: Up to 9000 I/O points
- Protocols: IEC60870-5-104 and IEC61850
iControl Control Center Edition was chosen as the supervision/maintenance SCADA system to communicate with nearly 45 RTUs through IEC60870-5-104, as well as to connect to 30 protection relays via IEC61850 protocol. All of them share a PLC network that includes other services like smart metering and video surveillance.
The system was based on a standalone SCADA server architecture, which was first installed in Barcelona through the customer intranet, and later at the customer premises in southern Spain.
This project was funded by the European Union.
All projects, go to category: