IEC61850 Pilot SubstationItaly
- Project start: April 2012
- Project completion: May 2013
- iGrid products involved: iRTU-B0C1
- Number of RTUs/MV substations: 1 HV substation
- Number of data points: Up to 1.000 I/O points
- Protocols:IEC61850 and IEC60870-5-104
The end customer (an Italian distribution utility) is planning the first IEC61850 substation, for which it has acquired the iRTU-B0C1 and iControl Substation Edition as main products for their test plant.
iControl SCADA communicates directly with all IEDs via IEC61850 in order to locally show the state of the substation. iRTU-B0C1 acts as a substation gateway which acquires data from the substation via IEC61850, maps it to IEC60870-5-104, and sends it to the main Control Center.
All projects, go to category: