Communications Control CenterSpain
- Project start: December 2012
- Project completion: June 2013
- iGrid products involved: iControl – Control Center Edition
- Number of RTUs/MV substations: Up to 130 facilities with 200 points/RTU
- Number of data points: Up to 26000 I/O points
- Protocols: IEC60870-5-104 and ModbusRTU
iControl Control Center Edition was chosen as the SCADA system to supervise and control all the communication facilities (more than 100) of the customer (an important Spanish electrical utility), including radio base stations, communication links, UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) systems, and CERs (Communications Equipment Room).
All these facilities must be monitored constantly in order to ensure that all substations (HV and LV) are properly linked to the Control Centre at all time.
iControl communicates with radio base stations through IEC 60870-5-104. It also communicates with 900 sensors via modbusTCP, and with many network devices using SNMP.
The architecture used in this project is based on a SCADA server with 2-3 floating clients.
All projects, go to category: